Lithuanian Language and Culture Courses
Lithuanian Language and Culture Winter Courses: Vilnius (04-01-2020 – 02-02-2020)
- If you have received Lithuanian state scholarships for consecutive 12 months in the period of 1st January, 2019– 1st January, 2020, you are not eligible to apply for any Lithuanian state scholarship for 1.5 year.“
- These courses are not available for holders of higher than C1 level of Lithuanian language and native speakers.
- Documents submitted must be completed in English or Lithuanian only.
- Lithuanian language and culture courses for foreigners of Lithuanian origin (Application deadline 24-11-2019)
- Application for Lithuanian language and culture courses for foreigners (Application deadline 24-11-2019)
- Erasmus+ students (Application deadline 08-12-2019)
Scholarships for Lithuanian language and culture courses are offered for candidates who are students, lecturers or researchers of higher education and research institutions of the following countries:
|Countries||No. of scholarships|
|The Eastern Partnership countries|
|Belarus, Ukraine, Moldova, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Armenia||6|
|Australia, Bangladesh, Brunei, the Philippines, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kazakhstan, Cambodia, China, S. Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, New Zealand, Pakistan, Russia, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam||5|
|Lithuania priority export market countries|
|Sweden, Germany, Norway, Finland, the United Kingdom, France, Poland, Belgium, Denmark, the Netherlands, Latvia, Estonia, the USA, Israel||1|
|All other countries|
|Students, lecturers and researchers from the countries that are not mentioned in the country list above||5|
|Lithuanians and foreigners of Lithuanian origin|
|Lithuanian state scholarships for children, grandchildren, great–grandchildren of Lithuanians living abroad and foreigners of the Lithuanian origin||2|
|Erasmus program students||10|
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR CANDIDATES
- The candidate has to be a student, lecturer or researcher of a higher education and research institution of the particular country (applicable for the candidates from the Eastern Partnership, Lithuania priority export market countries, ASEM and all other countries).
- Requirements for the candidates from the group “Lithuanians and foreigners of Lithuanian origin”– the candidate has to meet all criteria listed below:
- a child, grandchild, great-grandchild of Lithuanians living abroad or a foreigner of the Lithuanian origin (citizens of the Republic of Lithuania who have lived abroad at least three years or citizens of foreign states who have lost the citizenship of the Republic of Lithuania shall be regarded as Lithuanians living abroad. A foreigner shall be considered to be a foreigner of Lithuanian descent if at least one of his parents or grandparents is or was Lithuanian and who considers himself Lithuanian);
- an active member of Lithuanian community abroad.
Priorities will be given to the applicants who:
- apply for the language and culture courses for the first time (this priority is not applicable for Lithuanians and foreigners of Lithuanian origin);
- formally or informally study Lithuanian language, history and culture as a subject at home institution (it must be justified in the application form).
- 1st cycle (Bachelor), 2nd cycle (Master), 3rd cycle (PhD) students, lecturers and researchers of all study/research fields approved for Lithuanian language and culture courses will receive a scholarship of 570 EUR (does not apply for Erasmus+ students).
- Tuition fee for Lithuanian language and culture courses will be covered by the Republic of Lithuania and directly transferred to the higher education institution.
- Any other fees such as a student union fee, a library membership fee, etc. shall be paid by the scholarship holder.
- Travel and accommodation costs shall be covered by the scholarship holder.
- Scholarship is intended to cover the scholarship holder’s expenses only. Additional amount for accompanying partners or family is not provided. Lithuanian state scholarships cannot be double funded from other sources, e.g. other scholarships or other academic exchange programmes.
- International Relations Group at Academy of Education of Vytautas Magnus University
- T. Ševčenkos g. 31, Vilnius, Lithuania